Journée de l’unité 2019
Growing old in a couple
9h15 Welcome coffee and introduction
9h30 Session 1: Couple formation and break-up after 50 (chair to be confirmed)
- Keynote speaker : Susan Brown (Bowling Green State University)
"The Gray Divorce Revolution: Trends and Consequences"
- 11h Carole Bonnet (Ined) “Couple formation after 50 in France: gendered effects of income and marital status” with Fanny Godet (Insee) and Anne Solaz (Ined)
- 11h45 Giulia Ferrari (Ined) “Divorce and retirement experience ” with Quentin Lippman (AMSE) and Anne Solaz (Ined)
14h Session 2: Time-Use: domestic work division among seniors chaired by Emmanuelle Cambois (Ined)
- Keynote speaker: Maria-Letizia Tanturri (Padua University)
"Time allocation, loneliness and well-being in later life: insights from the Italian Time Use Survey"
- 15h Benoit Rapoport (Université de Paris 1/Ined)“Division of tasks within couple around retirement in Europe” with Olivia Samuel (Université de Versailles-Saint-Quentin) and Anne Solaz (Ined)
15h45 Coffee/ tea break
16h15 Session 3: Mortality and marital life course (chair to be confirmed)
- Keynote speaker : Oystein Kravdal (University of Oslo)
“The increasing mortality advantage of the married” (30mn)
- 17h Laurent Toulemon (Ined) “Marital shocks and mortality in France: recent evidence from panel tax data” with Carole Bonnet (Ined), Giulia Ferrari (Ined) and Anne Solaz(Ined)
9h15 Session 4: Wealth and marital histories, chaired by Sandrine Juin (Université Paris-Est Créteil/Ined)
- Keynote speaker: Philipp Lersh (Humboldt University of Berlin/German Institute for Economic Research)
"Split Equally? Gender Differences in Wealth after the Dissolution of Marriages and Cohabiting Unions in Germany".
- 10h00 Nicolas Frémeaux (Université de Paris 2 Assas) « Inequalities and the individualization of wealth» with Marion Leturcq (Ined)
10h45 Coffee break
- 11h15 Sibylle Gollac (Cresppa) “(Too) weak widows ? The fate of surviving spouses’ property seen from notorial offices”
- 11h45 Enrica Martino (Inapp/Ined) “Wealth Inequalities among Seniors: the Role of Marital Histories across cohorts” with Carole Bonnet (Ined), Benoit Rapoport (Université Paris 1/Ined), Anne Solaz (Ined)